Job Opportunities at Inception Therapeutics
Research associate/Senior Research associate/Scientist - Chemoproteomics
Inception Therapeutics is seeking a creative, driven, and talented scientist to join our team in San Diego, California. This position will be critical to creating next-generation drug discovery biotech companies, built around cutting-edge chemoproteomics approaches.
- Maintenance, operation, and troubleshooting of mass spectrometers (Orbitrap Eclipse Tribrid) and liquid chromatography systems (Thermo Vanquish Neo, Agilent HPLC system)
- Effective design of experiments, execution of automation, optimize existing sample preparation, and data acquisition methods
- Experience with chemoproteomics sample preparation utilizing different covalent chemical probes
- Understanding various methods of purifying native protein complexes (affinity purification, proximity labeling, co-fractionation/co-elution/size-exclusion chromatography) in combination with MS-based proteomics is desired
- Familiarity with Bruker (TIMS-TOF) mass spectrometer is a plus
- Experience with proteomic data analysis pipelines (Proteome Discoverer, MaxQuant, MS Fragger, Spectronaut, DIA-NN, and Skyline)
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or life sciences with a minimum of 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with various MS-based quantitative proteomics workflows (TMT/iTRAQ/DIA)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills. Works effectively to manage multiple parallel projects
- Critical evaluation and interpretation of scientific data
- Strong commitment to business ethics and an active contributor to a supportive work culture
- Inception Therapeutics is a multi-disciplinary discovery engine partnered with Versant Ventures to build and launch transformative new biopharmaceutical companies. We are home to a dynamic team that enjoys working on innovative science to meet unmet medical needs across a variety of therapeutic areas. We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits packages.