Job Opportunities at Inception Therapeutics
Inception Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated individual with experience in chemo-proteomics. The successful candidate will join a team focused on the development of a platform to identify new ligandable sites across the proteome. Experience in mass spectrometry, proteomics, and the use of chemical probes to understand biological questions are all beneficial. The position will require the ability to make, and react to, rapid decisions and to play a significant role in establishing a new company built around this platform.
- Play a key contributory role in the implementation of a chemo-proteomics platform, focused on finding new function-modifying ligandable sites to seed drug discovery projects
- Develop, troubleshoot, and optimize phenotypic cellular assays across a broad range of diseases, with a focus on immunology and oncology.
- Actively engage in experimental planning and interpretation, as well as independent execution of experiments
- Effectively participate as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment
- Ph.D. and post-doc in Biological or Chemical Sciences plus minimum of 3 years experience in biotech and/or pharmaceutical, or Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree plus a minimum of 8 years industry experience
- Well-versed in a wide array of proteomics technologies, as well as cell-based assay development and cellular genetic engineering (CRISPR etc);
- Expertise in mass spectrometry-based quantitative proteomics (TMT, SILAC, or LFQ)
- Experience analyzing and interpreting LC-MS data using custom, public, and commercially available software suites
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Must be proficient with software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Graph Pad Prism, and other scientific software
- Strong commitment to business ethics
- Attention to detail in documenting, executing and analyzing experiments
Inception Therapeutics is a multi-disciplinary discovery engine partnered with Versant Ventures to build and launch transformative new biopharmaceutical companies. We are home to a dynamic team that enjoys working on cutting-edge science to meet unmet medical need across a variety of therapeutic areas. Our integrated chemistry, biology expertise and capabilities coupled with a successful track record have enabled Inception to become an established leader in new company creation. We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits packages, as well as working in a supportive team environment. This position is located in our San Diego office. We invite you to consider a career with Inception by submitting your resume to email@example.com.