Job Opportunities at Inception Therapeutics
Senior Scientist to Associate Director – Biology
Inception Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated individual with experience in preclinical drug discovery. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a small team of talented scientists in the development key assets and assays that will enable platform development, describe new biology, and support first in class drug discovery programs across multiple new companies. Experience in assay development is required, knowledge of in vivo efficacy models is highly desired. The candidate will be expected to develop biology strategy while operating in a cross-functional and dynamic environment with Chemistry and Protein Science leads. The position will require the ability to make rapid decisions and recommendations to senior leadership based on data. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of providing leadership to enable quick go / no go PoC validation. The candidate will also be involved in the efforts to identify new company concepts, be expected to critically evaluate and provide recommendations.
- Facilitate a collaborative work environment with cross-functional teams to create and implement a strategy for rapid validation of novel technologies
- Develop strategies to lead programs on high value targets to a go no/go decision
- Identify and evaluate novel emerging technologies and platforms to evaluate
- Provide mentorship and support to other teams, as a technical expert and broad contributor
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences or other related field and a minimum of 6 years of experience in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Well-versed in a wide array of molecular biology techniques such as ELISA, qPCR, RNASeq, flow cytometry, etc
- Rodent in vivo pharmacology experience desirable, but not required
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Expertise in immunology and/or cancer biology is highly desired
- Excellent oral and written communication, including effective communication of research updates in formal and informal settings.
- Strong people management skills and ability to build, influence and lead teams
Inception Therapeutics is a multi-disciplinary discovery engine partnered with Versant Ventures to build and launch transformative new biopharmaceutical companies. We are home to a dynamic team that enjoys working on cutting-edge science to meet unmet medical need across a variety of therapeutic areas. Our integrated chemistry, biology expertise and capabilities coupled with a successful track record have enabled Inception to become an established leader in new company creation. We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits packages, as well as working in a supportive team environment. This position is located in our San Diego office. We invite you to consider a career with Inception by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.