Job Opportunities at Inception Therapeutics
(Senior) Scientist - Informatics
Inception Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated individual with experience in informatics to support a proteomics-based drug discovery platform. The successful candidate will join a team of talented scientists in the development of a platform to identify new ligandable sites across the proteome. A scientific background in mass spectrometry, proteomics, and the use of chemical probes to understand biological questions. Experience in following is preferred: managing large amounts of mass spec proteomics data, contributing to experimental design, querying the data with statistical rigor, and building user interfaces for biologists.
The position will require the ability to make, and react to, rapid decisions and to play a significant role in establishing a new company built around this platform.
- Integral part of team of wet lab and informatics scientists to focused on implementation, build and further invention of a chemo-proteomics platform, focused on function-modifying ligandable sites in the proteome.
- Continued innovation to expand platform applications
- Develop new approaches to query and visualise chemo-proteomic data
- Integration of in-house data with external data sets
- Routinely interface and effectively communicate with researches across multiple disciplines including chemistry, biology, as well as new company founders and stakeholders
- Ph.D. in Biological, Chemical Sciences, or Computer Sciences; experience in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry is preferred
- Well-versed in proteomics technologies and dataset analysis
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Strong commitment to business ethics
- Attention to detail in documenting, executing and analyzing experiments
- Excellent oral and written communication, including effective communication of research updates in formal and informal settings
Inception Therapeutics is a multi-disciplinary discovery engine partnered with Versant Ventures to build and launch transformative new biopharmaceutical companies. We are home to a dynamic team that enjoys working on cutting-edge science to meet unmet medical need across a variety of therapeutic areas. Our integrated chemistry, biology expertise and capabilities coupled with a successful track record have enabled Inception to become an established leader in new company creation. We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits packages, as well as working in a supportive team environment. This position is located in our San Diego office. We invite you to consider a career with Inception by submitting your resume to email@example.com.