Job Opportunities at Inception Therapeutics
Senior Research Associate
Inception Therapeutics is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and flexible biologist with cellular immunology background to employ cutting edge technologies to develop a novel biotherapeutics portfolio. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop key assays that will enable platform development, describe new biology and support first in class drug discovery programs across multiple new companies.
Inception Therapeutics is a is a drug discovery engine co-founded with Versant Ventures in 2011, dedicated to creating new start-up companies for translating breakthrough scientific insights into novel therapies. The candidate for this role should desire participation in launching and growing a dynamic early-stage startup company.
Develop key immunology assays and screening biotherapeutics
Active engagement in experimental planning and interpretation, as well as independent execution of experiments.
Manage data and present findings at team meetings
Maintain a timely and accurate laboratory notebook of all research activities
Work with cross-functional team to advance programs
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree with biology background and over 5 years’ experience in biotech or pharmaceutical environment.
- Expertise in developing appropriate in vitro cell-based assays to investigate multiple cellular processes.
- Previous experience in developing and running immunology-based assays is required.
- Rodent in vivo pharmacology experience desirable, but not required
- Aptitude for working effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be proficient with computers and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Graph Pad Prism, and other scientific software.
- Strong commitment to business ethics.
- Excellent oral and written communication, including effective communication of research updates in formal and informal settings.
- Attention to detail in documenting, executing and analyzing experiments
- Desire, flexibility and initiative to tackle new tasks and challenges.
Inception Therapeutics is a multi-disciplinary discovery engine partnered with Versant Ventures to build and launch transformative new biopharmaceutical companies. We are home to a dynamic team that enjoys working on cutting-edge science to meet unmet medical need across a variety of therapeutic areas. Our integrated chemistry, biology expertise and capabilities coupled with a successful track record have enabled Inception to become an established leader in new company creation. We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits packages, as well as working in a supportive team environment. This position is located in our San Diego office. We invite you to consider a career with Inception by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.