Job Opportunities at Inception Therapeutics
Senior Research Associate / Scientist – Biology
Inception Therapeutics is seeking a talented biologist with enthusiasm for driving in vitro studies that promote drug discovery across novel platforms and diverse therapeutic areas.
Inception Therapeutics is a is a drug discovery engine co-founded with Versant Ventures in 2011, dedicated to creating new start-up companies for translating breakthrough scientific insights into novel therapies. The candidate for this role should desire participation in launching and growing a dynamic early-stage startup company.
- Develop key in vitro cell-based and biochemical assays to enable a new technology platform and support first in class drug discovery programs
- Evaluate antibody binding and internalization using cellular assays, including flow cytometry and immunofluorescence microscopy
- Actively engage in experimental planning and interpretation, as well as independent execution of experiments
- Effectively participate as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment
- Grow in expertise and tackle new challenges as opportunities present
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree with biology background and over 5 years’ experience in academia, biotech or pharmaceutical environment
- Demonstrated success in assay development and troubleshooting
- Must be proficient with computers and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Graph Pad Prism, and other scientific software
- Strong commitment to business ethics
- Excellent oral and written communication, including effective communication of research updates in formal and informal settings
- Attention to detail in documenting, executing and analyzing experiments
Inception Sciences is a multi-disciplinary discovery engine partnered with Versant Ventures to build and launch transformative new biopharmaceutical companies. We are home to a dynamic team that enjoys working on cutting-edge science to meet unmet medical need across a variety of therapeutic areas. Our integrated chemistry, biology and DMPK expertise and capabilities coupled with a successful track record have enabled Inception to become an established leader in new company creation. We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits packages, as well as working in a supportive team environment. This position is located in our San Diego office. We invite you to consider a career with Inception by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.