Job Opportunities at Inception Therapeutics
Inception Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated individual with experience in chemo-proteomics. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a small team of talented scientists in the development of a platform to identify new ligandable sites across the proteome. Experience in mass spectrometry, proteomics, and the use of chemical probes to understand biological questions are all critical. The candidate will play the key leadership role in the internalization of techniques from academic collaborators. He/she will work with these collaborators to expand the capabilities of the chemo-proteomics platform, and will also manage the implementation and development of an informatics platform for efficient data warehousing and querying through proprietary algorithms and user-interfaces. The position will require the ability to make, and react to, rapid decisions and to play a significant role in establishing a new company built around this platform.
- Lead a team of wet lab and informatics scientists to implement, build and invent a chemo-proteomics platform to find new function-modifying ligandable sites in the proteome.
- Deep expertise in applying proteomics to the discovery and translational space, leveraging high-throughput quantitative proteomics methodologies and LC-MS/MS based technologies
- Continued innovation to expand platform applications beyond identification of ligandable sites
- Collaboratively (with informatics support) develop new approaches to querying and visualising chemo-proteomic data
- Expand pipeline of drug discovery projects through chemo-proteomics and additional target validation experiments, and integration of in-house data with external data sets (with informatics support)
- Represent technology group within company senior management and contribute strategic input to company scientific direction. Represent company as an external face; communicating platform capabilities and differentiation to collaborators and investors
- Provide mentorship and support to other teams, as a technical expert and broad contributor
- Ph.D. in Biological or Chemical Sciences and a minimum of 6 years of experience in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Well-versed in a wide array of proteomics technologies; extensive mass spectrometry experience is a must
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication, including effective communication of research updates in formal and informal settings.
- Strong people management skills and ability to build, influence and lead teams
Inception Therapeutics is a multi-disciplinary discovery engine partnered with Versant Ventures to build and launch transformative new biopharmaceutical companies. We are home to a dynamic team that enjoys working on cutting-edge science to meet unmet medical need across a variety of therapeutic areas. Our integrated chemistry, biology expertise and capabilities coupled with a successful track record have enabled Inception to become an established leader in new company creation. We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits packages, as well as working in a supportive team environment. This position is located in our San Diego office. We invite you to consider a career with Inception by submitting your resume to email@example.com.