Job Opportunities at Inception Therapeutics
Associate Scientist, Biochemistry
Inception Therapeutics is seeking a dynamic Associate Scientist, Biochemistry to work as part of a project team to identify lead compounds and advance programs towards clinical development primarily focused on oncology, with potential to expand to other therapeutic areas. Working closely with senior team members, the successful candidate will be responsible for establishing and running in vitro biochemical and cellular assays to characterize the effects of novel compounds on specific target proteins. This is a hands-on laboratory-based position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establish in vitro enzymatic and biochemical assays across multiple formats
- Screen small molecule ligands in plate-based assay formats to drive internal structure activity relationships.
- Establish/run cell-based screen assays
- Carry out comprehensive data analysis and communicate results to project team members.
- Present data at project team meetings
- Excellent attention to detail and good record keeping
- BS or MS in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Molecular Biology, or related discipline combined with related laboratory experience (preferably in an industrial environment)
- The successful candidate is expected to have 2+ years expertise in biochemistry, enzymology, and assay development with hands-on experience using general biochemical and kinetic-based assay technologies (e.g. fluorescence, absorbance, FP, TR-FRET, Luminescence)
- Hands-on experience with setting up cell based assay would be an asset (fluorescence and luminescence read-out).
- Experience with laboratory instrumentation and automation for medium-throughput screening
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment
- Must be flexible and open to new tasks and challenges.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, familiarity with Dotmatics and data analysis packages such as GraphPad Prism
Inception Therapeutics offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits packages, as well as working in a supportive team environment. This position is located in our San Diego office. We invite you to consider a career with Inception Therapeutics by submitting your resume to HR@inceptiontx.com.